Sunday 25 May 2008

'E Wuz Robbed!



I dont really need to enlighten anyone on the 'political' voting of the Eurovision Song Contest, because everybody already knows how it works, and that nobody ever votes for England anymore, apart from San Marino [thank you].

To be honest, you have to applaud Andy Abrahams, the contestant flying the flag for the English this year, as he did give us our best Eurovision song for years. A measly 14 points clearly did not reflect his efforts.

But its expected right?

For me, the best song of the evening was from France's Sébastien Tellier, an already well known artist, with song Divine. I think I was probably taken with this right from the beginning when he drove onto the stage in a golf cart. The whole thing seemed like a bit of a joke to me, but it certainly didnt disappiont.

Enjoy!




Oh and if anyone can tell me what the hell Bosnia & Herzegovina's entry was all about then I would be very appreciative, how that got more points than our binman Andy I do not know...

No comments: