Sunday 27 January 2008

Lightspeed Champion - Falling off the Lavender Bridge




I'll be completely honest with you, i've embraced the whole 21st century thing and only ever buy my music off the internet these days, and it takes something very special to make me go out and buy the real hard evidence of purchase.
Falling off the Lavender Bridge is one of those special things.
I even resisted the temptation to listen to the album when it was up for streaming on the Myspaz.

Anyway, enough of the rambling, I bought this album and it did not disappoint in any way shape or form.
It. Is. Brilliant.
New single 'Tell Me What Its Worth' is a real treat, along with 'Everyone I know is listening to Crunk' and the ever pleasing 'Midnight Suprise'.
I dont think I can name one song on the album that is bad. Not one. It all works really nicely.

If you can, buy your copy from Rough Trade as it comes with a bonus CD of cover tracks, which isn't suprising as every Lightspeed Champion fan knows he loves his covers! The cover CD was a nice suprise for me as the Good Shoes 'Never meant to hurt you' cover was definately one of my favourites out of the whole album and bonus CD...and a lot better than the original in my opinion too!

So, if you're in need of a new lot of tunes to listen to, I highly recommend you purchase this album. It really is good, a faultless debut album that i'm sure will be splashed across 'Albums of the Year 2008' lists in magazines and blogs at the end of the year!!

No comments: